Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm gearing up for a busy week! Tommorrow is my last day before spring break!!!! So I have the next week off from school! hooray! although I must admit holidays aren't quite as sweet when you haven't earned them with all the hard work one should normally put into school...but still HOORAY!

Tommorrow I am off to Chalupart again for one night this time. Sunday I am going skiing all day with the fam and then tuesday skiing again probably. Wednesday I'm taking a day trip to Poland with my host mom and brother so I'm super psyched about that. I love that I can just non chalantly say "oh I'm just going on over to Poland for the day". How cool is that?! As well my counsellor has offered to take me skiing sometime this week with her family (and maybe even her extremely attractive son..here's hoping) and the rest I'm not sure what I'll be doing. Going out with friends, perhaps another night at the disco....who knows!

I really can't believe it. I was leafing through the pages of my agenda when I realized just how fast these last months are going to go. I have so many trips and things to look forward to and that's only gonna make the time fly! In March I have a week long ski trip with rotary, April I'm going to Germany to visit my relatives (super excited!!!!), in May I'm off to Italy and Greece for 10 days with rotary, and in June I have a two week district conference where I get to go to Krakow and Prague! I really will be a well seasoned travellor when I get home.
Exchange really is a confusing experience though. I feel like a giant hypocrite sometimes when it comes to my emotions. One moment I'll be daydreaming about coming home and what it will be like to be in university, and to have a job again, essentially wishing I was back in Canada and then the next I'll realize how the end is creeping up on me and how I never want all this to finish! The saying 'you want what you can't have is so true'. When going home is not in the least bit graspable that's all that you want (ok not ALL that you want but you think about it alot) but then when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel and you're sure you'll get there you want to turn around and run right back into the darkness. I mean really how is one ever supposed to come to terms with any of this if I continually contradict myself! Right now I'd have to say I'm running away from the light. As much as going home is an exciting prospect I'd rather not re-enter reality. I don't want it to end! But lucky for me I still have a ways to go. Four months to be exact.

Okay and a sidenote.....I have a new quote which I love. I'm not to sure whether I should reveal to you that it is from Grey's Anatomy. Yes a tv show. But they are fantastic all the same. "never leave that to tomorrow which you can do today" (*bejamin franklin) I just love this and really think it is something to live by. Not to mention how much it suits Rotary. I know that was a really random thing to share but I wanted to record it somewhere so I won't forget it!

AND I have exciting news! I've been accepted to uni! Next fall I will be going to the University of Calgary doing a combined degree in psychology and community rehabilitation and disability studies. I am so so so looking forward to it and the program looks to be everything I ever dreamed of studying! So that's a big relief and something to look forward to!

And that's all the news I have for now,

LOVE

p

No comments:

Post a Comment