Monday, August 24, 2009

The Trip....

and oh what a trip it was! By the time I arrived in Zilina I had not slept for over 48hours (other than for a couple of broken hours of sleep at a time on the plane or on the airport floor). I would have to say the flight from Toronto to Paris was the best. It was really cool because everything was in French (since I was flying with air france) and there were so many people from ALL over the world on it. I sat beside a very nice elderly couple from Romania. They didn't speak very good english but we were able to communicate a little bit with gestures and pictures. It was really cool hearing all of the languages coming together... I think there was hungarian, romanian, czech, french, and english all at the same time!

This flight ended up being delayed over an hour and since I only had one hour for my connection in Paris it meant I had to really boogy across the entire ariport to catch my next flight. I almost missed it and was pretty much running like crazy across the paris airport. So I can't say I really experienced paris much but I'm just glad I made the flight. Then after this flight I had two smaller flights within europe. From Paris to Prague and Prague to Zilina. These went by very quickly and pretty smoothly.

This is where the adventure starts though...... the last flight was on a very very very small plane and you all know how I get motion sickness pretty easily. WELL after 20 some hours of travelling and then ending up on a very little flight my stomach was not too pleased with me. I managed to hold back my barf on the plane until I got home but ughhhhhhhh I still feel so sick! What a nice way to greet my host family; Hello nice to meet you my name is paige.... do you have a toilet I can barf in? It kind of sucked but I just asked to lay down for a couple of hours, took some gravel and now I'm feelin quite a bit better.

Now all i have to worry about is my luggage. Unfortunately it did not make it on the small plane and so it is lost somewhere in Europe. Pretty mcuh my entire life is in that luggage so I really hope I get it back. I don't have pjs for tonight or a change of clothes and I'm pretty sure I smell kinda bad having travelled in the same clothing for the past 26 hours...... I'm going to go shopping with my host mom dushana right away here so I can buy some essentials while they look for my luggage. I REALLY hope I get it back!!!!!! but all I can do is wait I guess.

As for my host family, my host parents are FANTASTIC! they are really nice and understanding and helpful. my host brother is reallly good about things too. He has really good english which is really helpful right now especially considering the whole luggage predicament. My host dad says his english is not too good but i can understand him and I've been helping him out from time to time so I think it will work well. I am well set up in a beautiful bedroom (my host sisters) with internet, a tv, a computer, and a big bed. I think I can get used to this life for sure! It is quiet but very nice.

Well I have to go shop.... what a shame... such a hardship! Talk to you all later!

Love Paige

2 comments:

  1. ahahaha so classic p. did both your duffel bags get lost? and of course you room and family are lovely, havent you figured out yet that most things work out for you?! glad you made it!

    ps. love you, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paige...that sucks about the luggage but yes, such a hardship having to go shop! I'm sure you're really struggling with that! haha Glad to hear you made it there and that your family is so great, sounds like they've set you up well!! Enjoy settling in and good luck with your luggage!
    Love ya! xo

    ReplyDelete