Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Disco Experience and Lunch with Babina

So as you might have gathered from the title, I had a pretty busy weekend! Two day trips! one on Sat and one on Sunday.
I'll start with saturday. We left early (ish) in the morning for Bratislava. This was my second visit to the capital city, which is rather large with lots of unique architecture. It has a really cool mix of the old and the new. I like it there but I don't think that I would want to live there.... too big! First we went shopping which of course I enjoyed. There are two large shopping centers so I got to alot of different shops. Then after our shopping extravaganza we went to Disco world 2009 dancing competiton. It was crazy! It was pretty much this giant dancing festival where dancing groups from across Europe come to compete. So it was actually really impressive! Mind you I really have no idea what is 'good' disco and what is 'bad' disco. I can't even begin to describe these dance moves though. There was freestyle which was a combination of breakdancing and jazz and hip hop and then there were groups which were more like hip hop than anything else. And I have never seen so much glitter in my entire life! I'm not even joking! All of the dancers were covered from head to toe, guys included, and there was also a lot of spandex and plastic/pleather pants! Very interesting indeed.....

So then on Sunday we swtiched gears completely and went for a nice Sunday brunch at my babina's (grandma's) house. This was really nice. She lives in a cute but quite old little flat in a smaller town about two hours from where I live. The house is the house where my host dad grew up so he was really happy to be able to show me where he came from and all of his family. I got to meet some of my cousins and my autns and uncles too which was really cool. They were all so kind and welcoming! I felt right at home. I think it was just what I needed, because that morning I had been feeling quite homesick but after being there for a couple of hours I felt much better.
But really I have never eaten so much in my entire life! There was so much food, so much good food! We had lunch which was goulash (yummmy!) followed by pork on dumplings smothered in a creamy sauce (yummier!). then after that there was cakes and cookies and crackers galore! Chocolate squares, rice crispies, peanuts, cheese pretty much anything you can imagine and more. You could literally eat your heart out. Needless to say I really enjoyed myself (and felt only a few sizes larger by the time I left!) :)

And now it is sunday night and tom is school so I should sleep some, so when I'm bored out of my mind I'm less tempted to nod off. So good night! and thnaks for listenting (really!).

p

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so jealous...I would've loved to have seen this disco world 2009 dancing competiton you speak of...sounds very cool! :) Any pics of all the glitter??? lol

    ReplyDelete