Wednesday, June 30, 2010

four days people. FOUR DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe 10 months have passed already!??? It's so crazy to me to think back to when I came. Because it seems like so long ago because I feel and think and am so different than that girl who got off the plane. But even though 'that me' seems so distant now I can still remember all the little steps along the way. All the hardships and triumphs and little day to day things. It's unreal to me that I've actually completed what I started.

I still can't tell you how I feel about coming home. It's such a confusing thing but what I can tell you is that I want this part to be over. I want to be through this good-bye stuff. I either want to go back to my normal slovak lifestyle or get on home already. It is so depressing having everything you do be the last time. So depressing having to say good-bye to every person you see. And the thing is not one of them, NOT ONE person here can I not say goodbye to. I have to leave ALL of them. Imagine that. Everything you structured your life around for ten full months, everything you worked so hard to adjust to, you have to leave. It sucks. But it had happen sometime.

At this point I'm a little good bye partied out. Let me give you a little idea why....
Friday: Said a tearful goodbye to my councilor
Saturday:said goodbye to one of my best exchange friends
Sunday: Goodbye to the outbounds
Monday: Goodbye to the people at the foundation and my first host parents
Tuesday: Final goodbye to exchange student friends and My last host family
Wednesday (today): Goodbye to all my classmates and teachers and my last english lesson
Thursday: Goodbye to my favorite classmates
Friday: Goodbye to Rotary club
Saturday: Goodbye to my best Slovak friend
Sunday: Goodbye to Paul
MOnday: Goodbye to everything but the hardest part; goodbye to Mariely.

So yeah that's what my week looks (ed) like. That is a lot of freakin goodbyes in a very short period of time!!!! No wonder I'm emotional these days. Who wouldn't be? And then as if that isn't enough I have the excitement/nervousness of coming home eating away at me.

But at this point I think I'm doing alright. I have most of the hard stuff over and done with. School, host parents, councilor, and all my activities have been put to rest. As well I have pretty much finished packing as I had to move host homes yesterday. My last host family is going to Croatia for holiday so now I'm living in what was supposed to be my third home (the apartment in the city). So now I'm just finishing up and waiting/dreading the arrival of Monday Morning. I fly out of Zilina 525 in the morning and have one heck of a day travelling. I go Zilina-Prague-Paris-Toronto-Edmonton. I get into to Edmonton at 11pm Monday night. But I'm not too worried about the travelling part. I'm pretty good at that now. :)

So the next time I'll talk to you I'll probably be in canada believe it or not! Or nearly there.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! :)
    I can't imagine how hard it is to leave it all behind...but what I DO know, is that the same God who gave you strength to say all those first hellos (probabbly in awful Slovak)....is the same one who will give you the strength to say all your last goodbyes.( this time, in fluent Slovak!) :)

    I can't wait for you to get home, and to see you again! We have so much catching up to do!
    See you soon....and vaya con Dios.

    Matthew

    ReplyDelete