Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm back! In Zilina that is.... it was actually surprisingly nice to come back to Slovakia. It really did feel like coming home which was nice. We drove back through Poland and the Czech Republic on Monday and then Karin and Horst stayed two nights in Slovakia. It was really fun to show them around Slovakia and share everything I've experienced and seen and learned about with someone who knows me and appreciates all that I've been through. On Tuesday we did a tour around pretty much half of Slovakia where we saw Oravsky Hrad, Terchova, and Liptovsky Mikulas. Both Karin and Horst seemed to enjoy themselves and I know I did. To finish the day we went to Slovak Pub for Halusky! and sausage and Gulash! Yum!
Leaving Slovakia for a while and then coming back with people who didn't really know it made me realize just how much I've learned about this little country and helped me to 're appreciate' the beauty of it! It really is a lovely little country, especially the countryside. And now everything is green and blooming, so pretty!
And that ended my 20 day long excursion to Germany (and Austria and Denmark and Sweden!). It was really really really sad to see karin and Horst go. I will miss them! I think we learned alot about eachother and now have some really great memories to think back on. AND I WILL come back to Germany in the near future I'm sure. There, now it's documented, so I have to.

Now I've had a day or two just hanging out in Zilina. I went back to school today which was boring as usual. It hasn't changed one bit (not that I expected it to) but it was nice to see some of my classmates again. But really what I"m doing is killing time until Italy and Greece! Have I mentioned I'm excited about that trip?!I don't think so..... :P
I went shopping today for some summer clothes as I currently have nothing. Partly because I didn't bring that much and partly because all the things I did bring don't fit anymore. That's a great feeling, putting on the capris that fit you 8 months ago and realizing they won't even do up anymore. Oh how wonderful. But it does mean I get to go shopping which is alright for me. I found some really cute things today and got my haircut and a new pair of sunglasses so I should be looking mighty fine. I'm all set for the sun in Italy so it better greet me there otherwise I'm going to be very dissapointed.

So there's the update. Unfortunately I won't be writing again for about 12 or 15 days as you know where I'll be! But when all that craziness is through I will tell you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE

p

No comments:

Post a Comment