Friday, May 14, 2010

IM BACK

IM BACK! From one of the most amazing trips of my entire life! It was so incredible to see yet another part of the world! Italy and Greece are both very beautiful and very unique parts of the world and I saw and did so much I dont even know how on earth im going to fit it all on here but I'm going to try. I must admit it was hard not to blog along the way and I would have really liked to but I didn't have much access to the internet so now I'll just have to do my best to regurgitate what i saw.....

But that will have to wait. I promise I will get to it at some point but right now things are a bit crazy. I got home yesterday to find out I was switching host houses that evening and on top of that I was going to a different house than I had been anticipating. So, my terribly sleep deprived self spent four hours packing up ALL my stuff once again (having not even unpacked what I had for italy and greece) and moving out. It was actually really sad to leave my last host family. I had grown to really like them and had gotten used to how everything was but this family seems really great too. So far I don't know all that much about them as I have only been here twelve hours BUT so far so good. they seem really great and have been very warm and welcoming so far. I have a 15 year old host sister which is cool and she has been really good about showing me around and getting to know me a little bit. And it has been neat to see just how much Slovak I know because they don't speak english very well(my sister learns german in school as her dominant language instead of english). I have spent the last twelve hours virtually emersed in Slovak and now that i understand almost everything and know more than the basics I think I will really start to pick it up. It was actually really surprising to me to see just how much I do know because now I can say everything I want to. It is such an incredible feeling to know that you are conversing with people in a completely different language that you had no knowledge of eight months ago.

At the moment though I'd say I'm a tad bit overwhelmed but for good reason. I mean I just got back yesterday from being gone for virtually a month as I was only home for three days between Germany and the italy and Greece Trip. And then on top of that being whisked away to another family that I did not know at all AND being extremely sleep deprived. It was alot to take at once but I made it and I think it will all work itself out. Now I'm off to the mountains for the weekend. We're staying in a hotel and going to do some sightseeing and then some golfing so it should be nice as long as the weather is good.

OKay so that's my very confusing quick update for you for the time being so that you dont think I fell in a hole or something. When I return from my weekend excursion I will tell you more about italy and greece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p

No comments:

Post a Comment